Sunday, February 04, 2007

Tara Conner Admits To Drug Use



People

Previous news :: Next news





06:38 AM, February 2nd 2007
by News Staff











Miss USA Tara Conner, who kept her crown by entering rehab after reports of underage drinking, admitted in an interview in New York to using cocaine.

"I have done cocaine," she told NBC's Matt Lauer in an interview that will air on "Dateline."

When asked if she used cocaine while Miss USA, Conner said, "Yes."

She said she was tested, but hadn't seen the results, adding, "I'm not sure what will show up."

She admitted she manipulated people into thinking "everything's fine with me" when she needed help.

Conner said she is facing the issues that contributed to her behavior and led Donald Trump, owner of the Miss USA beauty pageant, to agree to give her a second chance if she entered rehab.

"I was in denial," she said.

When asked if she was trying to manipulate the interview, Conner said, "This is the most honest I've been in my life."

She said she wouldn't deny being abused, but wouldn't say anything more because she hadn't discussed the matter with her family.

She said she hoped she could be effective as Miss USA because "I see a need for education on alcohol and drug addition."


© 2007 UPI

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home